Getty Images; Christian Hafer
Wright captured 82 LPGA Tour events, second all-time, despite retiring from full-time golf at 34. Thirteen of those wins were major titles, including a forerunner to the “Tiger Slam,” as she held all four majors concurrently between 1961 and ’62.
Like the equipment relics from her competitive days (which you can see below) Mickey was pure class.
1. 1962 Wilson Staff irons (3-iron, 6-SW)
2. Acushnet Bulls-eye putter
3. FootJoy golf shoes
4. Hand-sewn armband (Used as training aid)
5. Wilson Staff tour visor
6. 1962 Wilson Staff driver, 3-wood and irons (2- and 4-iron)
7. 1959 U.S. Women’s Open player badge (major win No. 3)
8. Wilson Staff golf balls
9. Wilson driver, 3-wood headcovers
10. 1956, 1958 LPGA membership cards
11. Wilson shag bag
Subscribe To The Magazine